Re: unity at the bottom

Hello Friends,
I hope all of you are having fun. :)

Saving the vertical space could be a founding block, but a foundation
should be consistent with all the foundations. we can't ignore the fact
that most application uses the space close to left edge for navigation
within itself; for example: back button of a browser. It is normal that
launcher on the left will keep appearing as an uninvited guest and shall
keep annoying. I wonder how many user actually notices the more vertical
space available to them but I am sure many of them get annoyed with this
unnecessary revelation of the launcher. Secondly, the top left corner
becomes a problem to give a consistent design.

It is difficult to take a completely new approach, take it as an axiom and,
at the same time, fit it to the traditional approaches which are built on
completely different set of axiom.

I think -- I might be wrong -- most application assumes that the launcher
would be at the bottom and this leaves the bottom side free from any button.

We really need to focus on consistency and universality of the experience.
I think these things has added plenty to the success of mac.