Re: Increase the UI with the launch a site for install the lenses

On 12/03/2011 10:43 AM, Enrico Carafa wrote:
After the launch of the site for the extensions of Gnome Shell, we
should provide a similar experience for the Ubuntu users.

Does Unity offer customization such as adding bottom panel to see running apps? Users have started liking gnome 3 more with this customization -- LM showed what can be done using extensions that already exit. So, a site is very important as users will be able to clearly see what all they can do.

My idea is to offer a service like a web site (or a section in the
Ubuntu Software Center) where a user can easly install lenses for Unity
and applet for the top panel. This could be a good start for increase
the user experience of the Ubuntu users.
Remember that Linus Torvalds recently liked the initiative moved by the
Gnome team about the launch of the site https://extensions.gnome.org/.
For we it's important to move people like Linus to our part.
This will be a good chance, like the addons for Firefox (maybe the cause
of it's success).

--
Enrico Carafa - Follow me on Twitter <https://twitter.com/#%21/eNry_92>,
G+ <https://plus.google.com/106472078394193155497/> or Facebook