Re: Alt-Tab behaviour

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Jamu Kakar <jkakar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Evan,
>
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Jamu Kakar <jkakar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The recent "Dodge Windows" user findings made me wonder about the
>>> default Alt-Tab switching behaviour.  Since the switcher changed to
>>> showing windows on all viewports I've found that the only way to make
>>> it usable (read: predictable) is to set the "Bias alt-tab switching to
>>> prefer windows on the current viewport" flag in CCSM.  I'm not running
>>> Precise yet, so maybe that's the default behaviour already, but it
>>> seems like another nice candidate to promote to a standard default.
>>>
>>> I guess most new users wouldn't really experience many issues without
>>> it, because I suspect they don't use multiple viewports, but for those
>>> of us that rely on them it makes a big difference.
>>
>> Yes, that default has already been changed in the latest Precise.
>
> Ah, awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I must be the only person who does not like this feature or at least I
feel alt-tab should also let me switch to apps on different viewports
as well. Perhaps it could primarily display the current viewport apps
larger or something. The main time this comes up is when I'm on my
laptop and have four viewports and don't want to *always* think 'no
where did I leave that window'... or maybe I'm just getting old.

jdo