Re: Smooth Transition from Login

 Agreed. Logout is in a worse state than login though IMO.

When I logout, this is what I see: All the windows either flicker white, or
to an "unthemed" state for a few seconds (looks like the
gnome-settings-daemon is quitting before everything else), it flashes to
the console for another second, then the greeter flashes up. Definitely not
smooth. Gnome-shell + GDM is much smoother, no jarring flashes or anything,
and logging out has a bit of a fade effect.