Re: Smooth Transition from Login

On 02/17/2012 06:35 AM, Mika Meskanen wrote:
Yes, I believe we all agree that the transition from greeter to desktop is not as smooth as it could be.

One of the major reasons for using the wallpaper and dash style visuals on the greeter has been, that by doing that, we can seamlessly transition from greeter to desktop. It's been outlined in design (as well as the bootup sequence from power-on to greeter).

Thanks Jonathan for your ideas here - they're the most detailed ones so far! The animation bit I'm struggling to understand though…

I guess if get the right people to collaborate on Bootup <-> Greeter <-> Unity handovers, and get their time, we can resolve this in a future release. Meanwhile, we could elaborate the design – including the logout and power off sequences.

Mika

Sent using Thunderbird on Ubuntu GNU/Linux/X/Unity