Re: Some impressions about the current status of Unity

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 16:52, Omar B. <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> i was just talking about Apps lens witht another user.
>
> i think the Apps lens (and maybe other lenses) could benefit of a "List
> view" (smaller icons and text on the side as you may see on nautilus), to
> showcase more items faster.
>
> the List view is the traditional view for "classic menus" (even the one in
> lets say windows or linuxmint) and could be implemented in the lenses pretty
> easily.
>
> Lenses are not perfect yet, they are still improving, so yes they could get
> easier to browse.

Hi,

Smaller icons is indeed a good thing to have.

But my main request is about being able to go from one category to
another by mouse-hovering .   No clicking, no typing.

As i said : i can be just a menu that appears when right-clicking on
the desktop.

But frankly my impression is that this is basically stubbornness .
Some kind of "we know what's better ,   so the users will have to
adapt".   It's an attitude that in future can lead to  "voice
recognition is cool this year ;  we won't support ancient input
devices like keyboards ;  the users will have to adapt  and dictate".

--
Adrian