Re: Update Manager Check Boxes

Den 06. mars 2012 17:52, skrev Evan Huus:
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,

    I would like Update Manager to have an option to check all
    updates/uncheck all updates. I had a problem with a Network
    Manager update recently, reinstalled Precise, and now, with 419
    updates available, I just want to update Chromium and Firefox, and
    it is extremely hard to do so without unchecking ALL other
    updates. That would take a while. Thanks!

Not at a Precise machine to verify right now, but I believe it does. The title row (that says 'Distribution Updates' or 'Security Updates' or other depending on the source) has a checkbox that checks/unchecks all. Could this be made more obvious? Or is it broken at the moment?

It could be made more obvious by changing from a ListModel to a TreeModel. There are a few other issues with Network Manager as well. For instance, it doesn't remove the model from the view before updating, which probably makes it a lot slower than it should. And it doesn't look good, either.

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad