Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

As I see the topic resurrected once again , I want to steer it a bit , because I've been following the issue from the beginning . There's a few problems with keeping dodge :

1. No functionality will be kept if it's not implemented in the core solution . Dodge is not implemented because : >there are technical issues with the behaviour (I can't describe them , but there are difficulties to implementing the behaviour) >the behaviour is not that easily understandable by new users , and there is no "tips and tricks" system currently , so keeping this behaviour is not an option before (if ever) something like that gets implemented (the "tips and tricks" thing)

As I've written previously - the main problem is that the launcher doesn't appear on the desktop (when there's no windows) . Correcting that will not cause confusion , and doesn't need some super sophisticated algorithm (I think) . So I believe that's the solution we should be trying to push into implementation .

I really want to hear from someone on the development/design team of Unity , because Mark responded initially to the idea , but on further discussion didn't take a position (I'm still talking about the "launcher should appear on a clear desktop" thing) , and I have no idea if that issue will disappear into oblivion or not .

Petko