Re: [Unity-dev] HUD activation key

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From a design point of view, and an engineering point of view, can we
> offer a choice of left-ALT, right-ALT or CAPS for the HUD activation?

I map CapsLock to be an additional Ctrl, but that's definitely because
I'm a heavy emacs user.  That said, using a modifier key for HUD
activation seems like it's asking for trouble no matter which one you
pick.  For example, the use of Alt is causing really annoying problems
right now.  I realize there are bugs to be fixed, but it also seems
like it's overloading something that is already in heavy use.

Would it be bad to default to something Alt-Super to invoke HUD?  So
that you had to choose it, instead of having it randomly show up
because you happened to press Alt...?

All that said, I rarely use right-Alt so I'd appreciate being able to
use it for HUD without mucking around with CCSM.

Thanks,
J.