Re: Gnome-Online-Accounts not present in System Settings

On Tue 10 Apr 2012 06:26:56 AM CEST, Abhishek K wrote:
Hello All,

This has probably been discussed already, but could not find any info
related to this.

In 11.10, Gnome's Online Accounts setting was present in the "System
Settings" dialog. However, so far, I do not see that setting in the
12.04 System Settings. Is this a conscious decision or is it a bug which
needs to be reported?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Abhishek

@Abhishek,

This is a design decision to hide the online accounts while using Unity since there are no applications which make use of the functionality. I believe only Empathy uses the online accounts integration to setup accounts. But otherwise thunderbird does not make sure of this feature. Also Gnome Documents, Contacts is not installed by default in Precise.
Hence it was decided to hide it.

Nekhelesh