Re: dash opening

On my Core i5 with with 4GB RAM it is still pretty sluggish initially.
Once opened it is a bit faster next time but still not exactly snappy.
I would say it is down to the content of the home lens.
Collating all that info (recent this, recent that) is going to take a while
I imagine but then it was also slow when it had the big application
shortcuts in 11.10.