Re: Fwd: Thoughts on the top left corner? Can it be done better or prettier?

But the point I have against the close-in-the-corner argument, as I
have said before, is that not every window is used maximized and some
windows cannot be maximized at all (System Settings, Calculator) so
there is never a common close spot.

Because the window buttons for maximized windows are hidden, then
there could be a case to have a set spot to aim for but the answer to
that is to keep the window buttons visible all the time.

I believe that is the direction the last discussion was heading and a
developer (Trevino) demonstrated a patch to keep the window buttons
showing always but nobody responded to it after that.