Re: Chameleonic theme

Absolutely. I actually stated that in the original remit. As much as possible, the user's options should be kept open.

Matt

On 22/05/12 16:45, Ryan Gauger wrote:
On 05/22/2012 10:40 AM, Jonathan French wrote:
Unlike the current implementation of chameleonic launcher and notifications, though, (due to a bug), it should be optional. :P

The GNOME 'representative colour' recognizer seems to have an inexplicable fondness for finding the single pixel of brown in a wallpaper and picking that as the launcher colour.

On 22 May 2012 13:53, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rtgkid@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I would definitely like to see this land in Quantel. Great idea!

    <mailto:m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    >> I would really like to see a chameleonic theme land in 12.10.
    >> Not a transparent theme. Instead simply the ambiance theme
    (light to
    >> dark vertical gradient) but where the base colour is taken as the
    >> average colour of the wallpaper.
    >> I also think this would help the top-left corner issue, as the
    launcher,
    >> panel and window would blend a lot better.
    >> Also, this wouldn't prevent the user from selecting
    non-chameleonic

    <https://launchpad.net/%7Eunity-design>

    <https://launchpad.net/%7Eunity-design>