Re: the plan for ludicrously high resolution displays

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> #1 is easiest. It's always "exact" from a toolkit point of view.

What matters is grid-fitting (crisp integer alignment).  Both Palm OS,
and Apple iOS have succesfully rolled out pixel-doubling; while
keeping the apparent device metrics fixed for older applications:

  * Palm Pilot 160x160->320x320
  * iPhone     320x480->640x960

However, it's only high-frequency (sharp) information such as text or
thin box edges that has this requirement for grid-fitting;  for all
the low-frequency content out htere(skateboarding dogs, baby pictures),
these scale just fine using interpolation regardless of resolution.

> I don't know that there's a tool to make good on-screen design easy.

QML + QML Creator?

	-Paul