Re: [Ayatana] Compiz close-buttons on expose

an old thread, yes, please don't lynch me for bumping it now...

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For completeness on this thread, I'd like to say:
>
>  - yes, we should show a close button on window previews in our spreads
>  - it should only be the close button, none of the other window controls
> are relevant
>  - it should only appear on mouse proximity (fallback - mouseover,
> prefer - fade-in with proximity like the notify-osd proximity effects)
>  - it should be full-sized, not scaled, of course :-)
>
> Sam, is that sufficient guidance, or would a mockup help?
>
> Mark

i know Sam has been having his hands full with probably more crucial stuff.
Triage can be harder than one might think.

That's why i'm raising this thread, because i think that this point has
been forgotten for too long.
I am completely helpless without a middle mouse button, and my new Logitech
K400 is too nice to be blamed.

Even an ugly close button, even on the top right, i wouldn't complain about.
Only that there is no way to close a window when in preview / expose /
compiz scale / window picker mode.. is a very basic thing we shouldn't be
waiting for for so long now.

Wasn't this one of these "low hanging fruits" ?

regards