Proposal: An alternate icon scheme for the Messaging Menu

The latest iteration of the icons for the message indicator is getting some distasteful response. This being open source, I changed it to something I'd prefer and thought I'd share.

Instead of using a coloured shape overlay to denote status, I reworked the icon theme to use the colour of the messaging menu envelope itself to denote status green=available, yellow=away, etc. whilst reserving the default light blue icon for a "new message". And in the drop-down, I've replaced all the status "shapes" with (less shiny) coloured circles.

Thoughts/criticism?