Re: Idea: Implementing a Lens Toggle into the System Settings

On 24/09/12 21:17, Sam Hewitt wrote:
> Nicely done, I agree with less jargon. Let me take that further: we
> could dispense with the big on/off switch altogether and use
> checkboxes throughout to enable/disable since the plus-minus will
> effectively remove them.
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-home.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-applications.png
>
> Or we leave the big switch and when off it would disable the lens and
> grey out the underlying feature options.
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-applications2.png

You don't want to hunt and peck through each scope to shape your home lens.

So the Home lens config should let you shape it all there.

And you don't want to have to handle each network service.

So there should be a single way to do that! Either in the Home Lens
config, or in the system Privacy settings.

Mark