Unity's Chameleonic Tendencies

Hi all,

Call me a perfectionist, but I wish the Unity launcher (and I suppose the
Dash as well) would "chameleonize" itself based on the colours it overlaps,
rather than a weighted average of the centre (or however it determines it).
It would blend in much nicer with the user's desktop wallpaper, rather than
what it does now (see attached screenshot).

Thoughts? Is this something that could possibly be implemented?

(I suppose I could stick the notify-osd bubbles in with this as well.)

Regards,

Sam