possibility to use QT

Hi to all, I found this video on the web:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEXk-ClMO-8
and following it i was able to build a desktop KDE really similar to Ubuntu
Unity.
I was wandering about future development of gnomeshell, which is quite
alchemic and esoteric.
 So I think that considering a switch to QTs could be a concrete and
advantageous chance. Programming in QTs environment is becoming easy and
easier, they are light, complete and highly customizable. Moreover dolphin
has nothing less than nautilus.
Plasma Active is a good future interface for modern devices.
I know that this is probably an old topic, but could bring a lot of
advantages to Unity (speed, integration...)
Best regards,
Supernova

Follow ups