Re: Sliding desktop

Nice.

An easy way for some window managers to do this is to reparent all the
windows, including the file manager's desktop window, in a screen-sized
window in addition to the usual frame control windows. Moving everything
aside like that is then just a sequence of calls to move that base window.
It should be pretty fast, need no compositing, and need no redraws until it
moves back, if then. I say this not having done it, but I'd be a little
surprised if window managers that allowed similar moves didn't do very
nearly what I described.