Another proposal for the icons of the Messaging Menu

First of all I believe the direction of the messaging menu is towards
conveying both chat status (if used) and new mail notifications. So I came
up with this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/screenshot1.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/screenshot2.png

The status icon replaces the default envelope when a chat application is
opened and a status is set. Upon a new message or email a smaller blue
circle appears along side of the status icon, with a subtle animation.

To reiterate: if no chat application is installed (or open) the indicator
remains the traditional white (or dark for Radiance) envelope and blue
envelope for new message notification

*Attached are screenshots of the entire proposed icon set.*