[Ayatana-dev] Application Menu status for 18 June

Howdy folks,

New releases of indicator-appmenu and appmenu-gtk made their way to
Maverick and the Unity Lucid PPA, here's the highlights:

 * Partial menus fixed, you should be seeing full menus now!
 * Some KDE apps wouldn't work, but they should be working now.
 * Support for transient windows, things like your find dialog, about
dialogs, etc now keep the menu of their parent.
 * Made it so if you added the application menu to your gnome-panel
that we allow you to log in. :)
 * Placeholder menus for things like the Desktop where no menus are
currently being displayed.
 * Make it so bugs reported with ubuntu-bug will go to the upstream
project if the package is gotten from a PPA.
 * Repeated requests for an indicator-vuvuzela have been shot down.

 * Originally we planned to shut off the double menus for Alpha2, but
we need more testing so we'll leave it on. When the bugs on menu order
stop coming in we'll shut them off sometime after A2.

Changelogs:
https://code.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/indicator-appmenu/trunk
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/indicator-appmenu/0.0.6-0ubuntu1

https://code.launchpad.net/~canonical-dx-team/appmenu-gtk/trunk
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/appmenu-gtk/0.0.7-0ubuntu1

And of course, our home page with instructions on how to test:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu

Known Problems that we're working on for Alpha 2:

 * Still some menu ordering oddness, but not as bad as before, there's
still some weird things going on with some apps,  thanks to Hernando
Torque for his detailed bug reporting on this!
 * Shortcuts need to be implemented.
 * Here's the bug lists: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-appmenu/+bugs

--
Jorge Castro