[Ayatana-dev] Questions about AppIndicators

I have recently ported an application to use AppIndicators[1]. (Before
this, it was a Gnome panel applet.)

During the process of converting the application (which is written in
Python), I ran into a couple problems / questions about how
AppIndicators work or how to use a certain feature.

1. How do you display text beside the AppIndicator? I tried looking
through the documentation - only to discover that there is none. (At
least, none for Python.)

2. There seems to be a glitch when menus with images are added to the
menu. I made an example[2] that reproduced the problem. Stock GTK icons
show up, but not custom images.

- Nathan

[1]: http://launchpad.net/stackapplet
[2]: http://pastebin.com/mtwmG0jn