[Ayatana-dev] Limiting the vertical size of the Unity launcher

Hello!

This is probably a question for Jason, but I'm not 100% sure.

When Unity lands, I intend to use the bottom left corner to
place a small conky window, as I am a system stats junkie.
But I won't want the Unity launcher to get in the way of
conky and vice versa, so I need the Unity launcher to stop
at X pixels from the bottom. How can I achieve that?

Because this is of no interest whatsoever to the average
user, I'm not asking for a setting or anything... I would
just like to know where in the code I should hack into.
(hence posting this to ayatana-dev)

Thanks in advance!