[Ayatana-dev] Cannot type with onscreen keyboard into dash - LP#740114

Hi,

As you probably already know, it is not possible to type with an onscreen keyboard into dash in order to more easily start an installed application. Indeed, as soon as the a click occurs outside of the dash window (on the onscreen keyboard), the dash window closes.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/740114

Also onboard, the onscreen keyboard shipping with Ubuntu has the same problem, and users that cannot use a keyboard, but only a mouse (for example tabletpc users, disabled users,...), are not able to fully take advantage of dash.

marmuta, who is currently working on a facelift of onboard to make it look more modern, and I do not know whether a fix of the issue will require changes on both sides: dash and onboard. And as marmuta has a bit of time at the moment to enhance onboard, it might be the opportunity to try fix the issue. (I am also maintainer of onboard, but my development knowledge is quite limited.)

I am writing this email with marmuta's consent, who is also receiving a copy of this message.

Cheers,

Francesco