[Ayatana-dev] Nux Newsletter: A week in Design

I spent last week at the London office with the design team. I worked with Otto and Rosie to bring to life a visual effect that is planned for the Unity.

It was a great week for many reason. We managed to get close to the desired effect. From the first day, working face to face with the designers has been great. Being a programmer, I am not an expert at producing art data; that wasn't a problem for designers... Iteration was quick and we found ways to optimize our pipeline from art to production.

In the end, it came out to this: I will provide the designers with the tool and controls needed to prototype the visual effect. Designers will provide feedback on ways to improve the quality of the final product.

It was a first time for me at the London office and I am looking forward to even better interaction with Design.

Jay

Notable mentions:
    - The view over London at the office is very nice!
- London weather didn't disappoint. As expected, we got some rain, clouds, sunshine, and rain... - We went to the Regency Cafe on friday. I had beans, egg, sausage and chips! So good!