Re: [Ayatana-dev] Porting Unity to Arch Linux

2011/9/6 小龙 陈 <chillermillerlong@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello everyone!
>

> I'm currently in the process of porting Unity to Arch Linux.
>
> I'm at a point where everything pretty much compiles but
>
> not everything works correctly.
>

> I've created packages for Ubuntu's patched Xorg because
>
> utouch's dependency on it. However, Xorg will not start. The
>
> cursor blinks in the left corner and the whole system crashes.
>
> Nothing is logged to "/var/log/Xorg.*.log{,.old}". Maybe it
>
> crashes too early in the loading process?
>

> For the packages that have Ubuntu specific patches, I've added
>
> a line to the build file that applies all the patches listed in
>
> "debian/patches/series".

Hi,

There is also another guy who port Ayatana stuff to ArchLinux:

https://github.com/City-busz/Arch-Linux-Repository

maybe you can find some help from him.

I'm porting Ayatana to Frugalware and it's not always easy, IMHO
these ubuntu patches (especially the ones for glib2 and gtk2/3) should
be accepted by upstream, some efforts must be done in that way if
we want to see Unity and indicators available on non-ubuntu based
distributions.

--
Devil505
Member of Frugalware Linux development team - http://frugalware.org