Re: [Ayatana-dev] unity 5.0 and lenses

On 19/01/2012 01:13, Andrea Pocosgnich wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a question for you (I hope this is the right place):

i've just installed unity 5.0 on mi Ubuntu 11.10 (3.2.0-9-generic-pae) and i can tell you that is fantastic, very fast, but I cannot use lenses. For example the lens for youtube searching: when i write a video to search it doesn't find anything , internet connection obviously works, same issue for torrent search lens. Maybe these lens are not compatible yet with unity 5.0?

Hello Andrea,

you are right : lenses need a bit of work to be ported to Unity 5.0.

I can't answer for the Youtube one, but lenses from this PPA https://code.launchpad.net/~scopes-packagers/+archive/ppa are currently being ported and should be ready in a week or two.

--
David Callé