python lens question

I'm working on a python lens for Unity in 12.04 for pidgin. The idea being that online buddies are searchable and by activating them a window will pop up to message them. I've got the search part of the scope pretty well under control, nice list of users with their buddy icons displayed, thanks to reading some of the one hundred scopes project. Most of this is communicating to pidgin over dbus, with a little cheating and looking through the xml file for icon file names.

The part that I don't know how to do is catch the click/activate signal when the item is selected. Unlike most of the lenses, which are serving up a file or url, there isn't a url for openning a message to a buddy. However, if I can capture that event in any way, I can open the message window via a dbus call to pidgin.

Any helpful suggestions here? Would love to get this working and contribute it up to the one hundred scopes project.

Thanks in advance,

	-Sean

sean@xxxxxxxxx                                   Linux Users Group