Re: Faster dash

Hi,

On 23/05/12 19:31, Michal Hruby wrote:
Hey everyone,

as I already discussed with some of you, I was looking into optimizing
parts of Unity some time ago, with the specific goal of making the dash
open as fast as possible.

This is a tiny bit off-topic, but I'd love it if someone would optimise the dash search. For me, opening the dash isn't an issue, but searching definitely is. It seems like the dash blocks for about 1/2 a second at regular intervals. This stops me typing more characters, which in turn stops results from showing up. It seems like the gwibber lens is blocking, which in turn blocks the home lens. Bug report is here (with a video):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1004193

One could argue that this is a bug in the gwibber lens (and it arguably is), but it'd be nice if we could deal with blocking or broken lenses in Unity (especially if we expect to support third party lenses).

Cheers,

--
Thomi Richards