Getting rejected by jenkins, but compiling locally?

Hi All,

Last week I happened to notice that we were explicitly turning off the warning for possible uninitialized variables inside the Unity CMake file.

I've re-enabled this warning, and since we run with -Werror, if the compiler finds a variable used that may have been uninitialized, it will now fail to compile.

Now while trying to land this change I was a little confused as everything compiled cleanly here, but jenkins found a problem.

What it ended up being was locally I was making a debug build
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
and jenkins wasn't
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo

The change in the optimisation value was triggering a warning on the optimised builds that wasn't picked up with debug.

lp:unity r2514 reintroduces the strict checking on uninitialized variables.

So, if jenkins rejects you, try a release build :-)

Please don't disable the warning again, we want the compiler to be as strict as possible.

Cheers,
Tim