Re: Is it possible to make unity more friendly to other distributions?

Il giorno mer, 07/11/2012 alle 11.48 +0100, Wei Qiu ha scritto:
> hi, currently I'm running unity on archlinux. I like it a lot. It's
> quite smooth though there are some small bugs.
> It's really hard to nail down those bugs because ubuntu has patched so
> many upstream software such as xorg-server, gtk2, gtk3. These are the
> easy part to find out, but it took me several hours to find out that
> one of the bugs is related to metacity.

> Is there any document about what patches are obligatory to make unity
> fully functional?

No, unfortunately we don't have a such list... But on gtk side I guess
the needed patches are the ones for integrated-menus, while on X side
it's worth to mention the Xfixes patch to support the Pointer Barrier·
There are more, (such as some nautilus unity integration patches), but
I'm not all are mandatory. However you should ask to Ubuntu-devel
mailing list as this is more an integration and distro related work.