Re: How to keep launcher when desktop file is temporarily removed?

Il giorno gio, 07/02/2013 alle 19.38 -0500, Xiao-Long Chen ha scritto:
> Hi Unity developers,
>
> I'm the current packager for Unity-for-Arch project in Arch Linux.

Cool!

> On Arch, an upgrade operation is like this:
>
> * Remove old  /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop
> * Install new /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop
>
> This explains why the launchers were disappearing. How can I patch Unity
> to deal
> with this situation?
>
> I wrote a (quite ugly) patch: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1622682/
>
> The patch will wait for the package manager to exit before doing
> anything, but
> that hangs the launcher until the upgrade process is finished. Does the
> wait_for_pacman() call belong someone else? Or should I approach this
> differently?

Well, I wonder that just adding a simple timeout before unsticking the
icon would fix this issue for you...

Basically just doing http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1622934/ should be
enough. I also think that this change fits upstream too, so feel free to
merge-propose it on launchpad. ;)