Re: RFC: Policy for handling indentation and formatting changes

Hey Stephen, thanks for the response.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Stephen M. Webb
<stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/09/2013 05:14 AM, Sam Spilsbury wrote:
>

> To summarise: one change per merge proposal.  Whitespace changes and functional changes are two separate changes.

Yes. Although if a functional change necessarily introduces a
whitespace change, then I don't think this is too much of a problem.

> I'd also like to add:  make your changes as small as possible.  If you have a large change to propose, see if you can
> reduce it to several smaller incremental changes with dependent merge proposals for sequencing.  It may not be how you
> develop the changes, but it's almost always possible and there are tools [1] that make this easier.  Smaller is better.

Agreed to the extent that this doesn't impose too large a burden on
those proposing changes. Some changes can be large, but not
particularly complex to understand because there is a single theme.
What I'd recommend is that changes should be broken up by theme, with
an aim to minimize diff sizes, but not necessarily for that purpose.