Re: Porting to new libunity api

Hi Oliver,

in the smart scopes world we're discouraging scope developers to try adding more icons to the dash navigation bar, as this was only causing confusion and frankly after a while there just wasn't enough space for all the lenses. Nowadays everything should be searchable via the home scope and ideally the smart scopes server would automatically start recommending the scope once it learns about it.

I had a quick look at your branch and noticed you're using now DeprecatedScope class, as the name suggests, this class will be removed from libunity asap, and unless you want to rewrite your scope again in a few weeks/months, I suggest using the SimpleScope class[1]. In a couple of days a tutorial on writing scopes in C will be published which will cover usage of SimpleScope, I recommend waiting a bit for it, as we're still doing some final touches as to how will all this work.

Anyway, to answer your question - if your scope is correctly installed and works, it'll show up in the Categories or Sources filter in the home scope. I'd also suggest adding a "Keywords" field in your .scope file, which will cause that a keyword search in the home scope will invoke your scope directly - ie if you use "Keywords=diodon;" and then search for "diodon:foo" only your scope will be invoked.

Cheers,
Michal

[1] http://people.canonical.com/~mhr3/libunity7/unity/Unity.SimpleScope.html <http://people.canonical.com/%7Emhr3/libunity7/unity/Unity.SimpleScope.html>