Re: Custom icon on mounted volume

I'd assume standard APIs like glib's g_volume_get_icon() or
g_mount_get_icon() should return the right thing. Unity and other DEs are
likely using something like this (Qt based environments using Qt
equivalents, of course).

If this is not supported by intent or oversight in the toolkit libs then I
think it would make for a great "beginner contribution" to Unity. It'll be
quite easy to probe mounted volumes for this. Or slightly more ambitious
(and more correct) is to ensure proper support in upstream glib/Qt.

Cheers,
Mikkel