Re: First Unity Build and Install

> > When I run "make install" on the unity build, I get the following error:
> >
> > CMake Error at data/pam/cmake_install.cmake:44 (file): file cannot create directory: /pam.d.  Maybe need
> > administrative privileges. Call Stack (most recent call first): data/cmake_install.cmake:37 (include)
> > cmake_install.cmake:356 (include)
> >

> > Makefile:66: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 1
> >
> > Are there any known concerns for this? I can re-run it with "sudo make install", but unity completely crashes once
> > I execute the "unity --replace &" command, and I can't login to my user again...
>
> The instructions on that page are slightly out of date:  you need to add -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc to the cmake
> command line in the remake-unity function.

I did not try this but the current user does not have privileges to write to /etc??? Only root has.

I had the same issue and I resolved it manually by creating a directory
called pam.d in the system's rrot directory and copying the file called
unity inside data directory in unity source tree then I cahnged
permissions on /pam.d and the file inside it so I become the owner of
them after that I told the make script to ignore this directory by
commenting the line data/CMakeLists.txt file.
You may have other errors too, please post back if any errors occur.