uonedb-qt team mailing list archive

Re: Using U1Db-Qt without a ListView

On 2013-03-06 11:50, Christian Dywan wrote:
> On 2013-03-06 09:41, Kevin Wright wrote:
>> While developing one of the U1Db-Qt examples I came across a situation
>> where I didn't necessarily want to use a ListView, because I only
>> wanted to retrieve one known document.
> Instead of a ListView I suggest directly using the TextField on its own
> (incomplete snippet):
>
> U1db.Document { id: aDocument
> create: true
> defaults: { "sound": "off", "music": "off" }
> TextField { text: aDocument.contents.sound }
>
> I think there may be a bug related to saving, so currently it probably
> fails to update as you type. I'll investigate it.
As of r33 I fixed a bug with saving changes of Document.contents.

For bi-directional changes, it should be something like this:

aDocument { …
onContentsChanged: soundSetting.text = contents.sound
… }
TextField { id: soundSetting; onAccepted: {var foo = aDocument.contents;
foo.sound = text; aDocument.contents=foo } }

The earlier example still works perfectly for displaying values in a
Label or the like.

ciao,
Christian

ciao,