uonedb-qt team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~kalikiana/u1db-qt/entireContentsInQuery into lp:u1db-qt

The proposal to merge lp:~kalikiana/u1db-qt/entireContentsInQuery into lp:u1db-qt has been updated.

Description changed to:

The original reason to avoid yielding all contents was in order to conserve memory. I pondered different approaches such as lazily loading the data in the model implementation. Ultimately this would make it more complicated and harder to test, so given the number of bugs I'm focussing on the easy, reliable solution. It can be optimized later.

Caveat: The results don't always have the same structure as the complete documents.
a) Bite the bullet (and maybe swallow it with Synchronizer goodness and/ or other Query bug work)
b) Find a heuristic or compromise to avoid the difference
c) Introduce a bool entireContents which is probably counter-intuitive to new developers

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~kalikiana/u1db-qt/entireContentsInQuery/+merge/203058
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~kalikiana/u1db-qt/entireContentsInQuery/+merge/203058
Your team U1DB Qt developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~kalikiana/u1db-qt/entireContentsInQuery into lp:u1db-qt.