VM maintenance changes

Dear Norbert,

I notice that you are hhe package relase manager for XEmacs.

I am writing to let you know of the current changes in maintenance of
VM.  Robert Fenk who had been the maintainer of VM has been inactive
for a while, and Ulrich Mueller and I are now looking after its
maintenance.  All of us can be reached at the official email address
of vm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  The current code base is maintained at
http://launchpad.net/vm.

I have noticed that many users have been unhappy with the 8.0.x series
which has lagged behind the current development by a large margin.
Ulrich and I have recently released a beta version of 8.1.0 a few
weeks ago, and it seems to be working fine.  The official release of
8.1.0 is planned for mid-January.

Given the all-round unhappiness with 8.0.x series, we would like to
see XEmacs move over to 8.1.0 as early as possible.  Please let us
know if there is anything we can do to expedite the process.

Cheers,
Uday