Uploading to Savannah (was: Re: version.txt missing from lp:vm/8.1.x)

> I also couldn't make much headway in figuring out how to use
> Savannah. But we will definitely need to put the 8.1.0 release on
> Savannah. (I am not a CVS-user.) So, if you can get started with
> sorting the Savannah file space, that will be a great help too!

Hi Uday,

I've found some documentation on that topic here:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea>
and also a more complete guide:
<http://globulation2.org/wiki/Uploading_to_Savannah>

All releases since 8.0.13 are uploaded now (and will hopefully
propagate to the download mirrors within the next few hours).

I've GPG signed the tarballs myself, but we can replace the *.asc
files by your signatures if you prefer (probably it would be more
logical if they were signed by the person making the release).

Cheers
Ulrich