Re: VM-BUG: Trouble with vm-8.1.0-gnu23

> Here is what I got:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function vm-with-string-as-temp-buffer)
>   (vm-with-string-as-temp-buffer "Processus de Bologne : \x00ab L'objectif\nd\x00e9sormais est d'ent\x00e9riner le principe d'un enseignement centr\x00e9 sur\nl'\x00e9tudiant \x00bb (Jean-Marc Rapp, EUA)" (quote vm-mime-encode-words))
>   eval((vm-with-string-as-temp-buffer "Processus de Bologne : \x00ab L'objectif\nd\x00e9sormais est d'ent\x00e9riner le principe d'un enseignement centr\x00e9 sur\nl'\x00e9tudiant \x00bb (Jean-Marc Rapp, EUA)" (quote vm-mime-encode-words)))
>   eval-last-sexp-1(t)
>   eval-last-sexp(t)
>   eval-print-last-sexp()
>   call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)

Hi Rene, This just means that VM didn't get loaded fully.  Create a
small folder with a sample message.  Visit it using M-x
vm-visit-folder so that VM gets loaded fully and then try the test I
mentioned.

I spent a couple of hours this morning to test out your VM settings,
using Emacs23 and VM 8.1.0.  They worked fine.  So, the problem is
likely to be elsewhere, perhaps in your .emacs settings.  I don't
know.

Evaluate the calls
  (vm-get-coding-system-priorities)
  (vm-get-mime-ucs-list)
in the *scratch* buffer and let us know what values you get.

Since I can't reproduce your problem, I am afraid you will have to do
some debugging yourself.

Load the source file vm-mime.el.  Set debug-on-entry to
vm-determine-proper-charset and see what values it returns for each
call.  I would expect it to return iso-8859-1 every time.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Uday