Re: [vm-devel] Don't merge. rebase.

Uday S Reddy writes:

> Instead, you should use 'bzr rebase'.  It is done the same way as 'bzr
> merge'.  It will rearrange the history so that it looks like

Oh, if you want to push a rebased branch to launchpad, it will
probably complain that the branches have diverged.  Bummer!

1. Before you rebase, you should sync your local mirror of the branch
with launchpad using 'pull'.

2. After rebase, you should use 'bzr push --overwrite'.

If your local mirror is not in sync before you do rebase, I have no
idea what you can do to recover from the situation.

'rebase' is a heavy-duty operation.  So, be careful with it.

Cheers,
Uday