Re: Warning about bzr rebase

vm-bounces+u.s.reddy=cs.bham.ac.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I might just suspend merges from the trunk into my branch and hope Ubuntu
> updates their version of bzr for the next release, due at the end of October.

Hi Tim, since you already have merges in your branch, please go ahead
and continue that.

Your changes and the trunk changes are mostly orthogonal.  So, there
shouldn't be much need to revert anything.

> I really do wish there was a git-bzr module like git-svn, which I use
> frequently.

Since svn is more basic, it is probably easy for git/bzr/hg to handle
its repositories.  Sharing among the new kids might be much harder.

> While I prefer git, this is not a vote for switching. The overhead associated
> with doing that is hard to justify and I find launchpad less irritating than
> github.

Emacs seems to be developing a uniform interface to all of them.
Perhaps that is one solution in the long run.

Cheers,
Uday