Re: [Question #122392]: Focus shifting on Aquamacs

Question #122392 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/122392

Bar Shirtcliff posted a new comment:
If I'm right about having reproduced the bug, it suddenly switches
frame, specifically between VM frames.  It doesn't happen if you have
only one VM frame open.

I removed bbdb...  I hope Alley can help you debug this one.

Uday Reddy writes:
| > I tried stripping out as many Aquamacs and VM customizations as
| > possible, and what I found was I run into focus problems
| > if-and-only-if I use BBDB (version 2.35, the current release).
|
| Great, thanks for the info.  The recipe is still the same as I
| mentioned in the newsgroup: place debug-on-entry on set-buffer and
| switch-to-buffer and see if they get any suspicious calls.  If they
| are under save-excursion or save-current-buffer, then they are safe.
| If they are not under one of these primitives, then they are changing
| buffer for good.
|
| By "changing focus", did you mean changing buffer or changing frame
| (window)?  If the latter, what happens if there is no other frame?
|
| --
| Focus shifting on Aquamacs
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/621245
| You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to VM.
|
| Status in VM (View Mail) for Emacs: Incomplete
|
| Bug description:
| Alley Stoughton reports (2010-08-19)
|
| I'm trying to get the VM working well with Aquamacs
|
| http://aquamacs.org
|
| on my Mac, and have run into a annoying problem.  When I am advancing
| through the messages in a VM frame/folder, I find that my focus shifts
| to another frame (VM or not) in a semi-random way.  The focus shift
| doesn't always happen, and it doesn't matter if I advance by typing
| "n" or use Motion => Next Message.  The same thing happens with "p"/
|
| The Aquamacs developers don't use VM, but they suggest it's a VM bug.  Any thoughts
| about what might be causing the problem?  I'm running VM 8.1.90a and  Aquamacs 2.1,
| which is based on GNU Emacs 23.2.50.
|
| Alley

"All men are born mad.  Some remain so."

                                     --Samuel Beckett

You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.