Re: [Question #122392]: Focus shifting on Aquamacs

Question #122392 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/122392

Alley Stoughton posted a new comment:
Hi Uday,

 > Given the corrupted buffer that Barbara showed, I think the safest way
 > to work around the problem is to set bbdb-use-pop-up to nil.

Perhaps, but that would make using BBDB much less attractive.  It's
really nice to see the BBDB buffer at the bottom of a message, reminding
me of what organization someone comes from, or even of their name,
in case they don't include their full name in the from line.

I'm not at all sure why Barbara had such a corrupted frame.  That
doesn't happen to me, and it would be good to get to the bottom on
this.

 > Alley, you might also try setting bbdb-multiple-buffers to
 > 'bbdb-multiple-buffers-default.  That will allow each VM folder, I
 > think, to have its own BBDB buffer.

This is a good idea, and having a one-to-one correspondence between
frames and BBDB buffers is actually very sensible.  That way, the
contact info at the bottom of a message always pertains to that
message.

But when I do this, it works, but I'm getting "No buffer named *BBDB*"
messages each time I navigate or expand someone's name.  I'll see if I
can figure out what's going on, but if you have any suggestions,
please let me have them.

Are you still going to write to Aquamacs Developers?  David Reitter
believes that switch-to-buffer has different semantics than you do,
it seems.

Looking ahead, it would be great to get VM/BBDB as a package for
Aquamacs.  I would think it would be a win-win for VM and Aquamacs.

Alley

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.