[Question #137005]: Cursor not at beginning of mail message

Question #137005 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/137005

Description changed to:
I just upgraded from an old 7.19 to 8.1.93a and to a new version of
xemacs, 21.5.  I'm uncertain what my previous xemacs version was.  I'm
noticing some different behavior when moving between messages.  I've
ruled out the vm version bump; I rolled back to 7.19 and the behavior
persists.  Here is the behavior I am seeing:

When I move to a message via the Presentation buffer (forward or
previous), the cursor is being positioned mid-body of the mail message.
I'd like to get the cursor positioned at the beginning of the mail
message, at the beginning of the content.

When I move to message via the Summary buffer (again, either direction),
the Presentation is updated with the appropriate message but the cursor
in the Summary buffer does no move up or down.

I've reduced my ".vm" file to a minimum to be certain this isn't the
root cause.  How can I change cursor positioning when I view messages?
Is there something in more recent versions of emacs or xemacs that
causes this?

thanks,
Kyle

Follow up: ok, this does not appear to be a VM issue.  I "downgraded" from xemacs-21.5-b29 to xemacs-21.4.22 and cursor positioning appears ok.  I'm not investigating this further as it's working for me, but if details are required for debugging let me know what you need and I can investigate.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.