Re: headers encoded with MIME

Sending of email is done by Emacs, not VM.  VM only provides hooks for
MIME encoding.

Did you recently upgrade your Emacs version?  If so, please check the
Emacs News (under the Help menu), and see if you need to reconfigure
any mail mode options.

Please try and run Emacs and VM without using your .emacs and .vm
files (or using minimal versions of these files) and see if you get
the correct behaviour.

Cheers,
Uday