Re: [Question #165045]: Unicode display

The first thing to do would be to save your .vm file somewhere, and start a
new .vm file that has just barebones VM configuration settings.  (By
"configuration" settings, I mean path names, external programs etc., but
none of the VM options.)  Then you can see how VM behaves with the default
settings and slowly add in the other option settings you need.  Before you
add in any of your old settings, please check the VM manual to see whether
you need it and what its current behaviour is.

I am not sure what you mean by "UTF-8 summary buffer".  Emacs uses its own
internal character set.  The summary buffer is displayed in Emacs internal
character set.

My hunch is that you might have set vm-mime-default-face-charsets, which
might be blocking proper decoding.  You should remove the setting and see
what you get.

Cheers,
Uday