Re: [Question #165045]: Unicode display

Question #165045 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/165045

Johan Vromans is still having a problem:
[Quoting Uday Reddy, on July 18 2011, 13:16, in "Re: [Question #16504"]
> Uday Reddy proposed the following answer:

Thanks for your kind and patient answers.

> VM 8.1.1 is probably not doing a good job of saving the cached summary lines
> in the headers.  If you upgrade to VM 8.2.0, the problem should be solved.
> Or, for the time being, you can force the cached summary lines to be saved
> by doing something like this:
>
> - mark all messages
> - delete and undelete all marked messages
>
> That wold force the header lines to be updated.

Neither the delete/undelete trick, nor 8.2.0a fixes it.
I even tried the delete/undelete trick with 8.2.0a, to no avail.

Delete/undelete says that the summary is updated, the summary display
gets updated and is okay, the mail buffers are written to disk, but
upon restart it's all wrong again.

I tried this with some other mailboxes, and there it works as you
described. So something strange is going on.

I'll try to isolate the problem.

-- Johan

You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.